Knowledgeable New Jersey DUI/DWI Attorneys Protect Drivers’ Rights
Lawyers who will protect your rights
Throughout New Jersey, law enforcement officials have been cracking down on drunk driving offenses. Being convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated can have serious consequences, including loss of license, higher insurance costs, heavy fines and jail time. The attorneys at Wisniewski & Associates, LLC® have the knowledge necessary to overcome the evidence against you, and the ability to help you attain the best possible outcome.
Advocates committed to challenge the charges against you
Our attorneys understand that good people can make mistakes. We strive to satisfy our clients’ emotional, financial and legal needs by zealously representing your interests at every turn. We are knowledgeable about complex New Jersey DUI/DWI laws, and analyze every aspect of your case — from the initial traffic stop to the breath test — to build your defense. We know what the prosecution needs to get a conviction, and we challenge the evidence against you with the skill we have developed over 40 combined years in the field. Our DUI attorneys work hard to make sure that you get the respect you deserve and the results you desire.
What to do if you are stopped by the police:
If you have been pulled over by the police, there are several ways that you can help yourself:
- Do not be intimidated by the police. If you are nervous, police officers may think that you are hiding something or are intoxicated. Don’t give them that opportunity. Remain calm and be polite.
- Clean out your glove box. Fumbling through these compartments to find your registration or insurance can be easily misinterpreted as intoxication. Keeping the glove box or center console neat and clean allows you to swiftly grab your identification and present it to a police officer.
- Do not let the police search your car without a warrant. Any evidence found in your car could be used to support a DUI/DWI conviction.
- Take the sobriety test. DUI/DWI defendants have been found not guilty due to a malfunctioning breath analyzing machine or an improperly administered blood or urine test. Also, you may still blow under the legal limit.
- Get a blood test after release. Alcohol detection devices can be unreliable and malfunction. Don’t go to jail because of a broken machine or improperly administered test. It’s a good idea to measure your BAC (blood alcohol concentration) with a blood test after arrest. At trial, your attorney can use that evidence to raise possible defenses.
- Contact a DUI/DWI attorney immediately.
Contact us today for a consultation
If you have been arrested for DUI, you need an experienced defense attorney who has the knowledge and experience to help you win. Call Wisniewski & Associates, LLC® today at 732-387-5751 or contact us online to set up a consultation at our Sayreville, New Jersey office.